8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups whipped cream or 1 8oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
Gluten free graham crackers (my faves or Schar and Pamela’s)
If you’re like me, then you’re a such for all things pumpkin! This Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse is light and fluffy and actually not that bad for you if you use my Healthy Whipped Cream recipe! But if you want to keep it simple, you can easily use an 8 ounce tub of thawed Cool Whip and fold it into the cream cheese and pumpkin mixture!
For the pumpkin, I use a small jar of pumpkin baby food so I’m not wasting a 15oz can of pumpkin puree for the 1/4 cup this recipe uses. Beech Nut baby food is my favorite brand because the only ingredient in it is PUMPKIN. If you do choose to use a 15oz can of pumpkin puree, make sure you are refrigerating the leftovers in an airtight container and not in the can. It will stay good for about a week. If you choose to freeze the leftover pumpkin puree, use a freezer-safe container and it will last about 6 months. When you’re ready to make more mousse or another pumpkin recipe, just set the frozen pumpkin in the fridge overnight.
You can use full fat cream cheese and your favorite keto sweetener, as well as a keto whipped cream for this recipe to keep it super low in carbs. But as it stands, there are only 5.9g net carbs in one serving of this pumpkin cheesecake mousse. So choose according to your needs…I just want to make sure you have options!
You can serve this mousse in a few different ways:
- You can dish it out into small bowls and top with crumbled gluten free graham crackers
- Serve it as a dip with gluten free graham crackers and gluten free animal crackers on the side
- Layer it in a glass: one layer mousse, topped with fresh whipped cream, followed by crumbled gluten free graham crackers, and repeat the pattern for a parfait
So let’s get to the directions so you can make this delectable dessert:
In a large mixing bowl, cream room temperature cream cheese until it’s smooth. Add in maple syrup and vanilla extract and continue mixing, then mix in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Fold in whipped cream. It’s that simple!
Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse (gluten free, healthy)
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups whipped cream or 8oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Gluten Free graham crackers for topping and dipping
- In a large mixing bowl, cream room temperature cream cheese until it’s smooth. Add in maple syrup and vanilla extract and continue mixing, then mix in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Fold in whipped cream. It’s that simple!