There are a few knock-off gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies on the market, but none of them have ever compared to actual Oreos. So you can imagine how exciting it is that Oreo came out with a Gluten Free Oreo that tastes exactly like a regular Oreo! It has literally been the most exciting gluten free release since I had to eliminate gluten from my diet many years ago!
And when I say they taste exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY the same! My husband and son can’t tell the difference! And neither could my parents when they requested a cheesecake during a recent visit to my house, and I made the crust from Gluten Free Oreos. This crust is delicious and easy to make with just two simple ingredients and a food processor. Those two ingredients are 28 Gluten Free Oreos and 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter.
Place the Oreos in your food processor and pulse until a fine crumb is formed and there are no longer any large pieces of cookie. Also, I want to mention that Double Stuff Oreos should not be used here because we want the cookie and not so much of the cream.
In a microwave safe mug, melt the butter for 45 seconds in the microwave until has completely melted.
Add the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter to a 8 or 9 inch pie pan and mixed together with a fork.
Using the bottom of a glass, press down on the crust to level it out and push it to the side of the pie pan.
Now you have the perfect Gluten Free Oreo Pie Crust to top with your favorite pie or cheesecake filling!
Gluten Free Oreo Pie Crust
- Food processor
- 28 Gluten Free Oreos
- ¼ cup salted butter 1/2 stick
- Add cookies to food processor and pulse until cookies become fine crumbs without any large pieces remaining
- In a microwave safe mug, microwave half stick of butter for 45 seconds until it is completely melted
- Add Oreo crumbs and melted butter to 8 or 9 inch pie pan and mix together with a fork
- Using the bottom of a glass, press the crust down to level it out and push it to the sides
- Now you have a crust to fill with your favorite pie or cheesecake filling!