I grew up on Cool Whip, and to be honest, if it wasn’t filled with hydrogenated oils, I’d still eat it every day. But I take ingredients seriously, so I had to figure out a whipped topping that tastes delicious and can be used in place of my beloved Cool Whip. And here it is…a healthy, two-ingredient whipped cream that knocks every other whipped cream I’ve ever had out of the water!
All you need is heavy cream and maple syrup. But let’s talk about those two ingredients for a moment. Some heavy creams are full of fillers, and I don’t recommend using those. Instead, opt for a heavy cream that has just one ingredient listed: CREAM. As for maple syrup, keep in mind that not all maple syrups taste the same, so grab your favorite pure maple syrup for this recipe. I use Spring Tree pure maple syrup, and it has the BEST flavor of any maple syrup I’ve ever tried.
So now that you have your two ingredients on hand, it’s time to get to whipping! I prefer a stand mixer for whipped cream, but I have made it with a hand mixer a few times, and it turns out just as great. So all you need for this recipe is a mixer, some heavy cream, and some maple syrup, and you’ll be on your way to indulging in this delicious creation that’s healthy too!
Healthy Whipped Cream
- Stand or Hand Mixer with Whisk Attachment
- 1 cup heavy cream make sure it's really cold
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Add cream and syrup to large mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment
- Whisk on medium-high for about 2-4 minutes, until stiff peaks form
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days