Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
I LOVE pancakes, so I felt the need to find a healthier alternative to my beloved breakfast food, and these oatmeal pancakes are perfect! They are healthy, gluten free, and my whole family enjoys them! Serve them up for your family today!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder make sure it's gluten free
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- Place oats in a blender and blend until it becomes the consistency of flour
- Add oat flour to large mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients until combined to form pancake batter
- Let batter sit for 10 minutes
- Heat griddle or large shallow pan to medium-high heat and spray with cooking oil
- Measure out 1/4 cup of batter per pancake and cook until golden on each side (times will vary based on whether you use a griddle or large pan
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!
- Makes about 10 4-inch pancakes
- Protein powder is a great addition to these pancakes! Separate one cup of butter (makes 4 pancakes) and add in 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder or 2 scoops of collagen peptides to boost the protein for your serving!
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon also tastes great in the batter
- Top these oatmeal pancakes the same way you top your oatmeal for a twist on the classic!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!