Easy Spaghetti Squash
If you're like me and you don't make spaghetti squash often because it's difficult to cut in half just to cook it, try my simple recipe that makes perfect spaghetti squash every time!
- 2 spaghetti squash
- spray avocado or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare baking sheet by lining with foil and spraying with cooking oil, set aside
- Rinse spaghetti squash under cold water to remove dirt
- Place squash in microwave and cook on high for 6 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting in half lengthwise (they will cut easily after cooking in microwave)
- Using a spoon, scrape out the guts and seeds and discard them
- Place squash halves cut side up on baking sheet
- Spray each half with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Flip halves over so the cut side is resting against the foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes before using a fork to scrape the inside of the squash to form spaghetti strands
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce!
Macros per 1 cup serving of spaghetti squash: Calories 48, Carbs 10.7g, Fiber 2.3g, Fat 0.9g, Protein 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!